Sunday, July 29, 2012

Iran table tennis player cruises into Olympics 3rd round



Iranian athlete Noshad Alamiyan has earned a glorious victory over his Hong Kong rival in the men's singles second round table tennis match in London 2012 Olympic Games, and qualified for the third round.


Twenty-year-old Alamiyan overwhelmed Peng Tang 4-3 (11-8, 11-5, 11-9 and 12-10) respectively in the first, second, fourth and seventh games of the match played at the ExCeL Centre on Sunday.

“I had a fiercely competitive match against my Hong Kong opponent. I am so glad to have won the most stressful match in all my born days,” the Iranian table tennis player said.

Alamiyan reached the second round of the Olympic men's table tennis singles following his outstanding 4-0 win over Australia’s Justin Han on Saturday.

He will play against Timo Boll from Germany in the third round of the Olympic men's table tennis singles on Monday.

“I have to vie with a German rival, who is experienced and is ranked world number 3. Nonetheless, I will do my utmost to defeat him,” Alamiyan pointed out.

Iran has dispatched a team of 54 athletes to London’s 2012 Olympics contesting in a variety of fields, including archery, table tennis, wrestling, weightlifting, rowing, boxing, track and field, swimming and taekwondo.

No comments:

Post a Comment